Make your own free website on

Season 2003/04 Match Reports

24/01/04 - Away to Arniston

17/01/04 - Home to Arniston

10/01/04 - Home to Bankfoot

27/12/03 - Away To Oakley

20/12/03 - Home to North End

13/12/03 - Away to Rob Roy

06/11/03 - Home to Rob Roy

29/11/03 - Home to Kelty Hearts

22/11/03 - Away to Sunnybank

08/11/03 - Home to Wilsons XL

01/11/03 - Home to Bonnyrigg Rose

25/10/03 - Home to Kirrie Thistle

18/10/03 - Away To Boness United

11/10/03 - Away to Kelty Hearts

04/10/03 - Home to Lochee United

27/09/03 - Away to Arniston Rangers

20/09/03 - Away to Brechin Victoria

13/09/03 - Home to Oakley United

07/09/03 - Home to Raith Rovers

06/09/03 Away to Glenrothes

30/08/03 Home to Linlithgow Rose

23/08/03 Away to Hill Of Beath

16/08/03 Home to Bathgate Thistle


30/08/03 Whyte & Mackay East Super League Tayport v Linlithgow Rose

Match Pictures - Match Pictures click here

Cainiepairt welcomed last seasons OVD Scottish Cup Finalists Linlithgow Rose for this East Super League match, both teams having gained only one point from their opening fixtures this had the makings of a match not to miss. Port still without the services of Scott Peters and Allan Ramsey had Ralph Hunter and Ben Honeyman back into the squad. New signing Sean Christie was also included in the squad. A match that started slowly with both teams trying to control midfield. The referee decided to take a firm hand early in 10 minutes and yellow carded the Tayport defender J Ward for what was not really a bad tackle compared to some others. Port had the best efforts in the first half with Linlithgow Rose showing they were dangerous on the break. Steven Stewart ran onto a through ball inside the 18 yard line to fire in a low shot which beat the keeper but struck the post. Port soon found themselves with another corner on the right which was sent into the middle. A group of players went up for the challenge with J Ward falling to the ground with blood pouring from his nose. The Tayport central defender had to leave the field for treatment while Linlithgow went on the attack down the left. the ball was sent over to Derek Whyte who hit the ball goalbound with a low drive to Fitzpatrick right. Tayport with J Ward back on the field continued to press the Linlithgow goal area. A 43 minute scramble in the box and the ball fell to Derek Wemyys who tried a neat back heel kick with the Rose keeper spotting the danger. The second half started with a similar look to Tayport's two previous League encounters this season with constant attack on the Linlithgow goal area. Getting the ball there was not the problem getting it in the net was. Linlithgow always looked dangerous when they broke down field with Port having to defend a few searching crosses. Port's best effort was a through ball from Roberto Morris across the penalty area to the fully stretched foot of John Craik who just failed to get a touch. Tayport continued to push forward and Rose broke down the left again and a ball inside to Brian Walsh was sent  goalbound to put the match out of Ports reach. Linlithgow have made a few changes to their squad during the shut down and the Rosey support looked well pleased with the teams efforts today.

Team Fitzpatrick, Gunnion, Paterson, Ward, Wemyss, Morris, Stewart, McNaughton, Christie, Craik, Dailly. Subs used. Hunter, Heenan & Elliot. 


23/08/03 - Whyte & Mackay East Super League Hill Of Beath 1 v 1 Tayport
Match Pictures Online - CLICK

D Wemyss heads in Tayports Goal 

Steven Stewart 
corner touched over

Kevin Heenan Challenge.

Barry McNaughton shot skims the bar 

Both teams went into this match looking for their first Super League points of the season. Tayport were without 5  first team players Scott Peters, Allan Ramsey, Ben Honeyman, Ralph Hunter and David Evans who (recently signed for Raith Rovers) The opening 20 mins was pretty quiet with both teams testing each other in midfield. Brian Craik ran across the peanlty area to  crack in a shot which had the Haws keeper diving to his left. Port had the better of the few chances created in the final 25 minutes of the first period. An inswinging Steven Stewart corner was touched onto the bar by the Haws keeper on the 45th minute mark. The second period started with Port showing much improved commitment. A Steven Stewart 20 yard effort went close over the crossbar. Port continued to press the Haws goal and the breakthrough came in the 58th minute when Gareth Dailly crossed from the right to find the rising head of Derek Wemyss who held of the defenders challenge to hit home a powerfull header. Tayport's goal wakened up the Haws. With the home team now having their share of the attack this game could go either way. A Haws free kick 22 yards out was struck straight into the Ports wall of defenders. Port replied with some good efforts from both wings sending in some searching crosses. 82nd minute and Haws had their 2nd free kick in a similar position to the first. This time the free kick was struck superbly to the right of the wall and bending towards the top right hand corner of the Port goal.  Port keeper Fitzpatrick spotted the danger and was fully stretched to his left but the power of the shot left him struggling to get a touch. Tayport replied quickly with a McNaughton shot skimming the crossbar from 25 yards. Both teams were going flat out for the winner with Haws having the best of the final exchanges but finding keeper Fitzpatrik denying them the winner in the final seconds. Having finished first and second last season both teams have dropped 5 points in their opening matches. Looking at the league table with only two sets of matches played it has the makings of a very exciting season ahead.

Tayport = Fitzpatrick, ,Gunnion, Paterson, Ward, Wemyss, Morris , McNaughton,, Stewart,, Heenan (Elliot), Craik, Dailly.

Bahtgate maintained their unbeaten record with a 1-0 win over Lochee United, a Jamie Doaln goal secured the points. Linlithgow were beaten at home 0-2 by Oakley United - goal scores Jimmy Lister & Scott Ross. Boness United gave Bonnyrigg a roasting with a 5-1 home win. David Muirhead grabbed a double with Graham Donald, Gordon Abbot & Martin Mooney also on target. Bonnyrigg lone goal scorer was Shaun Grady. Robert Williamson was sent off.


16/08/03 - Whyte & Mackay East Super League Tayport 0 v 1 Bathgate Thistle.

Match pictures online - page 1 - page 2

This opening day fixture started well for Tayport with a presentation of the Whyte & Mackay Super League Flag.
Bathgate Thistle showed from the kick off they were here to get a result with a defence that look solid as a brick wall.  In a match with so many bookings it was hard to keep count. Tayport nibbled away in the first period but only threatened the visitors goalmouth in the 29th minute to find the BT keeper  quick of his mark to block the attempt at goal. Thistle sent the ball up field down the left for a cross only to be touched down by keeper Fitzpatrick which fell to the feet of Fraser Love to put the ball away. More bookings followed but not much in opportunities. The second period found Tayport spending most of the period in the Thistle half. Thistle were holding the Port pressure comfortably. The last 30 minutes saw the departure of two Thistle players. First to go was Graeme Love for a second bookable offence quickly followed by Paul Jack for his opinion of the sending off. With all the pressure Tayport were putting on the Thistle goal area  a possible equiliser looked on the cards but again Thistle dug deep and solid to hold Tayport at bay. The trees at the rear of the Thistle goal eventually decided to hold onto the ball with all the battering they were getting. Thistle were delighted with the result but with all the pressure Tayport were unfortunate not to salvage a draw.

Tayport = Fitpatrick, Buist, Scott, (Honeyman), Ward, Morriss, Elliot, McNaughton, Stewart, Hunter (Craik), Heenan Dailly