Make your own free website on

11/01/04 - Tayport 0 v 0 Arniston Rangers OVD Scottish Cup


Bright Saturday afternoon with the Cainniepairt holding a very decent crowd this was a very close encounter between two pacemakers from the East Superleague. Nothing between the sides on effort and commitment giving the supporters a match of few scoring opportunities ending up with a nail biting finish knowing a single goal would have taken the victory and it was Arniston who nearly grabbed the winner 10 minutes from time. A throw in from the right was sent into the area at bullet pace and headed back  into the path of Barnes who headed powerfully across the area wide of the righthand post to the relief of the Port support. The first period opened  with the Arniston Support giving great vocal encouragement and setting a  good atmosphere within the ground, both teams were battling it out for control of midfield ending up shared throughout the match. End to end football followed with both teams having efforts dealt with by two well organised defences. The second period started in Arnistonís favour with Scott Peters and John Ward blocking some decent shooting efforts. Port hit back with efforts from Sean Christie but goal scoring opportunities were at a premium. Newbyres Park is the place to be next Saturday for this 4th round replay with both teams more than capable of grabbing the victory, could even go down to the wire and end up a penalty shoot out. Match referee decided to have the pencil out on many occasions but to be fair to both sides this was a good junior encounter played a breathtaking pace.

F Fitzpatrick, S Peters, G Paterson, J Ward, R Gunnion, B Craik, A Ramsey, S Stewart, R Morris, B McNaughton, G Dailly Subs D Wemyss, J Elliot, S Christie, B Honeyman, K Heenan.


24/01/04 Arniston Rangers 0 v 1 Tayport OVD 4th Round replay

Conditions at Newbyres Park were not ideal for this 4th round replay and both teams did not create any opportunities in the opening period turning it into a dull midfield battle. The second period was not much better till a cross from the left from Gareth Dailly was met by Barry McNaughton who slotted the ball home for the winner.