Make your own free website on

07/09/03 Challenge Match - Tayport 0 V 1 Raith Rovers

More match pictures - click
Scottish First Division Raith Rovers winners of the Bells Second Division last season were the visitors to the Canniepairt this Sunday afternoon for a Challenge Match. Ex-Tayport striker David Evans was in the Rovers starting line up. Port had the best of the opening period with Rovers taking their time to get going. The best opportunity fell to Steven Stewart on the 30 minute mark with the keeper to beat his short went wide of the target.  On the 32nd minute a change upfront by Port had Ben Honeyman coming on for Ralph Hunter who had taken a heavy Rovers challenge.  Raith finished the first half strongly with a dipping 25 yarder over the crossbar . This set the ball rolling with Rovers, who continued to press the Port goal area in the second period. On the 68th minute mark Grant Paterson was replaced by the guesting Robbie Holden. Raith went on the attack with the Port keeper Frazer Fitzpatrick diving backwards to push a 20 yard strike over the crossbar. 3 minutes later and a scramble in the Port goalmouth, the ball fell to David Evans who picked his spot. Tayport substitute goalkeeper Duncan Bruce came on for the closing 7 minutes.

F Fitzpatrick, G Buist, G Paterson, J Ward, D Weymss, B Craik, S Stewart, R Hunter, S Christie, R Morris, K Heenan, Subs G Dailley, R Gunnion, R Holden, B Honeyman & sub goalkeeper Duncan Bruce.


06/09/03 Whyte & Mackay East Super League Glenrothes 1 v 1 Tayport

J Ward Penalty


Tayport still without a win in the East Super league traveled to Glenrothes for today's Super League encounter. 

Glenrothes players must have left the field at the end of the game feeling disappointed not to have taken the full 3 points after their 2nd half penalty miss. The score at that point in the game (55th minute) was 0 -1 to Tayport after John Ward had put them ahead on the 30 minute mark. The match started with Port being denied two strong penalty claims which had the Port bench showing their disapproval. In a space of 6 minutes 22nd, 24th and 28th minutes Glenrothes found themselves with 3 players on yellow cards. The first 30 minutes and Port keeper Fitzpatrick was not really tested. Port had their chances in the first period but could not capitalise on them and Glenrothes crept back into the match with John ward clearing a goal bound shot for a corner on the 45th minute mark. The second period produced a much improved performance from the home team with Fitzpatrick now on his toes and seeing more of the ball. Port continued to find their way to the Glenrothes goal mouth with good efforts from Sean Christie, Gareth Dailley, Steven Stewart, Derek Wemyss &  Ralph Hunter coming up short. Glenrothes who always looked like they might score, eventually got their breakthrough with a good strike from Stephen Woods in 65 minutes. There was some (lets say) unusual decisions on the field of play today which led to many unhappy bunny's at The Warout Stadium from both sets of supporters. Tayport also must have left the field feeling they could have secured the 3 points that were available.

F Fitzpatrick, G Buist, G Paterson, R Morris, J Ward, D Wemyss, J Elliot, B McNaughton, G Dailly,
B Honeyman, S Christie. Subs used R Hunter, B Craig & S Stewart