Make your own free website on

29/11/03 - ESL Tayport 1 v 0 Kelty Hearts

77th minute winner from Ralph Hunter (goal scorer in Ports last 4 matches)  gave three valuable points to the champions moving then 5 places up the ESL keeping alive the chances of retaining the championship. Relentless rain on the Cainniepairt did not dampen the spirit of the players who batteled well against a determined Kelty. Too many tackles were harshly penelised with 13 yellow cards handed out. Unfortunately a second yellow for the goal scorer giving him a sending off for again a tackle not  warranting any action.

22/11/03 NCR Cup Sunnybank 0 v Tayport 2

Tayport  held off the challenge of Aberdeen Sunnybank to progress to the last sixteen of the NCR Tayside/North Cup at Heatheryfold Park. Ben Honeyman seized on a loose ball to clinically finish from 15 yards in only 6 minutes and this goal settled Tayport who went on to dominate the early stages. Sunnybank made strenuous efforts to get back into things but were repeatedly denied by an in-form Frazer Fitzpatrick. Ralph Hunter clinched the tie in 64 minutes when he cleverly finished off Steven Stewart's fight wing cross at the far post.  Sunnybank might have grabbed a consolation goal but were frustrated once again by Fitzpatrick.









08/11/03 OVD Scottish cup 2nd round Tayport 4 WilsonsXL 0 

Ralph Hunter looking for another

K Heenan scores number four.

Gareth Dailly

Port Keeper F Fitzpatrick
tips one over

Good size crowd today.

Ralph Hunter running in on another.

Wilsons under attack again

Busy day for Ralph Hunter.

F Fitzpatrick gets up for a coner.

S Christie sends over another.

Ralph rounds keeper for Port goal.

Allan Ramsey Makes his comeback
from injury

Tayport opened the defence of their OVD Scottish Cup with this second round match against Northern club Wilsons XI who play  at Keith Park ex home of Bon Accord. Recently appointed co managers Kenny Taylor is ex Cove Rangers, Banks of Dee, Inverurie Locos and Mike Barclay was formerley with Locos, Peterhead and Buckie Thistle. Ex Forfar goalkeeper Mark Kerr and ex Ross County Willie Watt are part of the squad. Port looked comfortable in the opening 15 minutes with Ralph Hunter putting them ahead after running onto a through ball, skipping  past his marker to look up to find the Wilsons keeper coming off his line to meet him. A perfectly judged lobb  and the ball fell into the open net. Port continued to make chances as the rain decided to come down with a few downpours making the pitch slippery in places. Wilsons had a brief 10 minute spell where Frazer Fitzpatrick was asked to pull off a diving save touching over a furious shot which looked goalbound.

The second period and Port controlled the game well, a scramble in the penalty area and Kevin Heenan let loose with a cracking left foot drive into the net. Corners were aplenty when a cross from the left found Ralph Hunter running in on the near post. Another well placed effort from the big striker and the keeper stretched to his left but Raplh left him an impossible task. With darkness drawing in quickley the last seconds of the match and Kevin Heenan ran in on the Wilsons keeper to slide the ball home for number four.

The gaffer brought in Doug Scott on the subs bench for cover and Barry McNaughton was at the match. Barry is on his way to recovery but his face is still badly swollen.

Tayport F Fitzpatrick, G Buist, J Ward, R Morris, G Dailley, J Elliot, A Ramsey, S Stewart, B Craik, K Heenan, R Hunter. Subs B Honeyman,  D Wemyss, R Gunnion, D Scott, B McNaughton.